Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Returning to the outdoors...

{BEFORE}

So, despite the itch of poison ivy, I have returned to the outdoors.  I had to get a few things planted just to gussy up the front porch, and so I managed to get these few things together.  I also found a little plant-glamour for the patio, so now when we come and go from either the front or the back, the house looks just a little more lived-in.  


Tim did a ton of hedge-trimming too.  Take that poison ivy.  I'm not scared.  I may actually have poison ivy (or more accurately, the Prednasone the doctor prescribed) to thank for a never-ending burst of energy.  The plus side is getting some things accomplished... the down side is not sleeping at night.  This too shall pass.  For, now, I am trying to capitalize and get things done while the getting's good.  

{AFTER}
 
The office is officially sealed and primed, and now I can start painting it BLACK... black like your soul, black hole sun, I see a white room and I want to paint it black... choose your own musical reference.  I am painting it black with a creamy gloss trim called "cotton balls".  I love color names.  

 
I am using "premium" paint for the first time, and so far I feel that the primer and ceiling paint have been well worth the money.  The Benjamin Moore ceiling paint I used was incredibly thick and it covered beautifully.  I may still have acoustic ceiling tiles, but at least they are now a beautiful, clean, gleaming white.  Much better.  I may get really motivated and start painting the black walls tonight... I am eager to get it done, because the trim will take forever... I'll let you know how it goes.  We have some other projects in the works as well, including Tim's amazing DIY floor repair, so I will report back this weekend with the update.  For now, I have to go do something so I don't start scratching! 

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! fabulous job on "Steve's Room" aka the American Jubilee room!! I can't wait to see how it looks when it's "back in black"! {*wink, wink*}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, now that I've gone Benjamin Moore I will not go back! One of my clients has a black bathroom and it rules. I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete