Monday, July 5, 2010

The most amazing thing has happened...




It snowed in my office!  I know what you're thinking, it's been 90+ degrees outside so this seems pretty unlikely, but it's true.  Actually, before the weather took a hike to the melty zone, I sanded and sanded and sanded the newly-spackled walls until they were smooth... okay, relatively smooth.  okay, in the interest of full disclosure, maybe it's best to describe them as being pretty smooth in the beginning and working down to sort-of smooth at the end and in the areas you won't really notice.  I tried to make them perfect, but quickly realized it just wasn't possible.  So I am pretty excited to have just achieved completion, and we will leave it at that! I must say it felt like a workout, and now my arms look like this...


Because I did my chores, I got to go to the rock show.  Those are the rules, so I obeyed.  We also made a side trip to Ikea and finally picked up the porch lights we have been after for some time now... Tim is hard at work, installing them now.

 


We grabbed some dorky baskets to corral some mess under the coffee table.  I'm thinking about spray painting them yellow to make them a bit more interesting, but I must say that I am excited about how well they have organized the mess.  Yup, I said it.



I also picked up some fluffy ferns to make up for the hanging baskets that I neglected to death.  

 
We also re-grouted the tub downstairs, but that's not a very exciting picture.  I pulled out the old grout and started to put in the new, and then promptly threw a fit because it wasn't really working out, so Tim saved the day and smoothed it on out.  It is a temporary fix; we really need to replace the entire tub surround.  As with all things in this house, that is not quite as simple as it sounds because we need a custom surround since the tub stall has a window in the middle.  I happen to think it's lovely, but it does complicate things a bit.  Also, it turns out that the walls behind the tub surround should really be ripped out and replaced.  We'll get there, but for now the solution was to regrout the tub and clean, clean, clean.  Next up will be painting and fresh linoleum tile.  


As the end of this glorious long-weekend is drawing near, I am trying to finish up the remaining things I have started.  For example, heaps of laundry, including fabric to make a curtain in the kitchen.  I am hoping to get back up there in the office and get the ceiling painted.  It is tiled, which is non-ideal, but fresh white ceiling paint ought to make a significant improvement.  I'll report back if I get all of that accomplished!  I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekends... did anyone else tackle any projects?
 

3 comments:

  1. Place looks great! P.S.-Where did you get a picture of me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I searched and searched for an actual picture of you, but all I could find was this picture of Ahhhnold doing his best Mike impersonation. Sometimes you just have to settle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos for using a Dan Brereton picture for Poison Ivy! I love him!

    ReplyDelete