Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Heart Craigslist...

In preparation for the new house with much more room and eighty-bagillion ideas, I have been scouring craigslist for the awesome, cheap and good.  Last week I picked up a fire pit for $25... we have a perfect spot in the backyard for this thing.  The back yard is in two tiers, an upper and a lower, and on the upper part there's a perfect little area to set up a fire pit with some chairs around it for nights this summer when we need to escape the remodeling and just sit outside.  We could set it up under our big tree too, but maybe then bugs fall down on you... or maybe the fire keeps them away.  SO maybe we have two great spots for this thing.  At any rate, I was excited because these things are about $150 new, and after you use them once, they look like this anyway.

This morning I went and picked up two excellent slatted benches.  They are way better in person than I had expected, and they were two for $40.  Sweet!  They may not be original mid-century Nelson benches, but I love them.  Apparently they came from either a mall or a library in Syracuse.  I think they may become one long bench at the end of the guest room bed, or maybe one will go there and one will be in the kitchen or something.  I love them because they are that perfect kind of furniture, to fill int he gap somewhere that needs it.  I'll post pictures of their final placement whenever we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment