Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday is for Flea Markets


Just about every Sunday in the good weather season we head out to Williams Grove Flea Market to soak in its people, place and things.  On the one hand, this is how we have amassed way too much stuff already, but on the other it is how we will be able to make our new house so awesome... Yes, Ikea is useful, and Target has things that you need, but really, the Flea is where it's at.  


If you've never had the pleasure of Williams Grove Flea Market, you should know that it picked up where Silver Springs Flea Market left off.  Yes, like Silver Springs it has an attached speedway, but more importantly Williams grove is built in to the ramshackle old amusement park that my friends and I worked at one summer; only one, that's all you can stand.  Williams Grove Flea Market also extends onto the grounds of the Williams Grove Historical Steam Engine Association, where a steam powered train circles around the property, and a few times a summer they have specialty steam tractor and car shows, like today.  Not only are we now the proud owners of the amazing stuffed goat that you see above, but I came to the conclusion that when I finish my law degree and become a paid attorney I want to drive a black Chevy Nova.  Why not?  


We also brought home this lovely couple for $10!  The frames are so amazing.  The same guy sold me a really nice light plate for $2.00.  I'm not sure where exactly it will go in the new house, but anywhere will do I'm sure.  Maybe in our bedroom, or in my den.




After that we stopped by the Antique Marketplace and looked around for a matching dresser and vanity set, but did not find one.  We did see many other great things, including this beautiful Chris Craft boat, which was not on the shopping list.  I managed to NOT buy more Stangl to add to my collection, which is unusual.  I was feeling frugal, I guess.




I love Sundays...  we followed up the flea market with diner french toast which I had to have, because something smelled like french toast at the flea market. 




Now that I am not in study mode, it's time for a nap...

1 comment: