Saturday, June 12, 2010

Goals and plans, plans and goals...



For the past 24 hours I have been thinking about plunging headlong into the first painting projects in the house, but I am slowing my roll... I still have all of the boxes to unpack in the kitchen and dining room that I had put on hold during the plumbing project.  So today's new concept is to finish unpacking the enormous Stangl collection, and maybe get to the paint store to buy supplies, and start painting tomorrow.  I REALLY want to get painting, but whoa lady, I should finish putting things away first.  



A brief note about Stangl... if you know me, you may know my rampant obsession with this amazing collection of dishes.  My grandma and great-aunt are really to blame, they started collecting this after they were each married and the love for it has spread to me.  I have probably 500+ pieces, which I ought to get around to cataloging, but mostly it it in boxes right now.  It can look like this...



Or this...



Or really any of hundreds of different patterns, and lucky for me as a collector it's easy to find locally at flea markets.  The thing is, I would never collect so much of something that wasn't useful; it is a totally great everyday type of dishware because it has a durable red clay base.  I love to have a party and roll it out instead of paper plates... I digress... I love the stuff and today's goal will be to get it out of those boxes and into those beautiful built-ins in the dining room.  Fingers crossed, it seems like a good Saturday project.  I will report back later with the results... 



Before I start the day's stuffs, I wanted to say happy anniversary to Black Thorn Gallery, the tattoo shop and art gallery owned by my boyfriend and his two partners... it was two years this week since they opened and I couldn't be happier for them.  We celebrated with thai food.  In those two years, one partner had a baby and another now has a baby on the way... one shop assistant got engaged and another was hired on.  So much growth in two years... here's to a million more.



No comments:

Post a Comment