Sunday, June 13, 2010

Super Flea Market Score Day


Every now and then, flea market magic just happens... this was one of those days. We were only there for about an hour before it started to rain like crazy and in that short hour we mega-scored.  Tim found the grinning cayman seen above to add to his collection.  We got this Pee-Wee Herman doll with flexible legs...


I got this stamp set that is pretty similar to one my sister and I used to play with at my grandparent's house.  My grandma had the best stuff to play with because she was a teacher... she had stacks of construction paper in all colors, including the manila with swirls.  Top notch.  The stamp set was one of the amazing things she had, and when I saw this one I felt like I had to have it.  Done.  It has the same smell as the one we used to play with.  I can't wait to stamp things with old-timey letters.


We got this trio of glass jars with cork stoppers.  I love them.  They will likely house some kind of tiny oddity... maybe a little blue scuba diver, or a yellow cow, or a chicken foot... it's so hard to say.  

 
Tim found this adorable little bell with a Pegasus on it (interesting... spell check just insisted that I capitalize Pegasus...)  She loves things that have a Pegasus on them... I hope she doesn't read this.  I also got an over-the-door shoe holder for $1.00!  I really needed one, so great.  


And finally, I got Rollfast!

 
I am very excited about this bike.  It is a single speed bike with coaster wheels and a leather seat... I was smitten right away.  We did a  lap of the flea market and when it was still there, as the first rain droops were landing, I pounced on it.  I will need to get new tires and tubes, more than likely, but still it was a great deal for such a cutie.  I can't wait to get it all cleaned up and pretty.  I am over the moon!


That's the story... amazing flea market success rate.  I am usually excited for one little thing that I find, but this was a bonanza.  All right, now back to the house...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I <3ed the swirly manila paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?!? I feel like only teachers had it. Maybe they sold it at a top secret "teacher's only" supply store...I'll have to ask her.

    ReplyDelete